Avocados are a great source of healthy fat. This delicious and creamy fruit can be used in many different ways and offers great health benefits. Avocados give our skin the healthy fat that will make our skin glow.
Avocados have long been recorded among cultures in Central and South America, such as the ancient Maya Indians, for their great anti-aging properties benefiting the skin and joints.
In the world in which we live, we cannot be taking our health for granted. We must be proactive to do all we can to live a healthy lifestyle. One way to do this is by adding avocados to our daily diet.
Avocados contain many health benefits to help fight off disease and other health conditions.
Nutrients that Avocados offers our body:
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin B Complex
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin E
• Phytochemicals such as Beta-sitosterol, Glutathione, and Lutein
Avocados offer about ten grams of fiber, which is both soluble and insoluble fiber. There are studies showing that avocados lower cholesterol as well.
Benefits of Avocados in our diet are:
• Maintain cardiovascular health: The heart improves by including oleic acid and omega-3 fatty acids in the diet, which is contained in avocados.
• Anti-inflammatory benefits: Research shows that avocados help prevent inflammation in the body, which will help both Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
• Regulate Blood Sugar: Avocados are a relatively low carbohydrate food, which means that only about 19% of its calories come from carbohydrates. Also, they contain less than 2 grams of sugar in 1 cup, which is low on the glycemic scale. It is also a great source of fibre for Diabetics and helping everyone else needing to be on a low glycemic diet.
• Anticancer benefits: Research is still in the preliminary stages as to all the benefits this food has to fight against cancer. Research suggests that with the properties of avocados it offers antioxidants, which lowers the risk of some cancers.
• Anti-aging and free radicals: Research shows how what we eat will appear on our skin. Avocados are rich in antioxidants to help slow aging. They also contain glutathione, which fight against free radicals, and will encourage a healthy strong immune system.
Avocados give us great health benefits; along with it is a wonderful and delicious addition to any meal. It can be added it to a salad, dip, smoothie or a dessert. You will reap its benefits. Explore how you can incorporate avocados into your daily diet for your health.
By Patricia ZelmEmmart, C.H.C. www.pacificholisticliving.com